Friday, August 26, 2005

August 22-26

This week has been great; I am getting more comfortable with the classes and the students. I four of the classes Mrs. Traul has been having them work in groups, so I am learning how to monitor then, and it is allowing me to be of help to the students, and not just being an observer. This week in our planning period Mrs. Traul has shared with me some websites that she uses to get ideas, as well as even giving me her password and long in for some of them, so that I can use them. We have discussed how things will be passed over to me and so forth. This week went really well, and I have gotten to actually see her start teaching some content information. I have also viewed how she deals with problems in the classroom. At the moment I am not too scared of getting up and conducting lessons I am more scared off dealing with problems in the classroom. Today, I went and visited with Mr. Conard the other teacher that I was to be student teaching with, but am not being that Mrs. Traul is teaching two high school classes. He told me that he had stuff for me and would be giving me stuff that he came up with throughout the year, which is awesome. Today he gave me a pretest that he uses, as well as a couple videos, and the assignment sheets he gives his classes, all in which will be nice to get ideals. He is a great person and is really a good teacher, he is known around the state for his History Day students. I am somewhat sad that I will not be working with him know because I think it would have been a great experience. However, how it is now I will not have to move back and forth between teachers, and I will not have to learn two different rules systems etc. I am looking forward to next week.

No comments: