Friday, October 21, 2005

October 17-21

This week was a good week, for the most part. How, the US history classes do not respect my, authority. I do not really understand what happen. It seems like the last two weeks they have gotten worse about talking when I am talking. This week I experienced my first parent teacher conferences. It was interesting to see the students’ parent. I even talked to some of them myself while my cooperative teacher was in a meeting. It was also beneficial to see other teachers conducting their conferences as well. I am also very disappointed in myself about how I have let my US history class get out of hand. I think I need to have enough confidence in myself and my ability to “mean what I say and say what I mean.” I need to show the student my discuss, and not feel bad about it all the time. I need to learn not to take all the crap the students try to pull on me. Today, my cooperative teacher was gone, and usually they allow me to have the classes, and not have sub come in. However, today they had a sub and I know that she is going to be here some of the other times that my cooperating teacher is going to be gone. Including the last week that I am here, which I was told I would be substituting. I do not know how I should take this. I am taking it that they do not believe I could handle it or the fact that my emergency license has not came through yet. I am thinking it is the first. I am going to take this opportunity to prove them wrong, and use it to motivate myself to “nip it in the bud.” I am disappointed in myself at the moment.

No comments: