Friday, October 28, 2005

October 24-29

This week went well; we did not have school Monday, which was strange. However, the week still felt long. I believe it was because the day off made the students wilder. I did not have major problems this week. I had my second evaluation it was during one of my American history classes while I was doing an "I have, who has" review. The students were not hesitant to answer but they were just guessing. However, I was pleased with it. The test however I was not. Grading them was depressing. The information on the test had been covered, most was on the review they received in the form of the "I have, who has" game. Nevertheless, my highest grade was an 82. Therefore, I will be going back and counting the questions missed and see if they were all missing the same questions. I may just take those out. I do not know if they just did not study or if I just did not do a good job of teaching them the information. However, I do know that they had everything in their notes. I also think a problem was that they are used to a review that has the exact questions and answers on it as the test, so if they study the review, then they will do great on the test. I did not do this, I tested the same information, which was on the review, and I just asked it in different ways or ask for the opposite information. I give this class up this coming week. It is so strange. This semester has gone by so fast. I feel as though I just started. I have learned a lot and I think that when I have my own classroom I will take some of the ideas I have from my cooperative teacher, but others I will not. I also believe that I leaned on my cooperative teacher too much in backing me up. I ask the students to do something and she would chime in asking them to do it as well. Sometimes I wonder if they are minding her or me. Therefore, when I get my own class I will have to learn what works best for my personality and me. I really like teaching, it is so rewarding when students do well, but it is stressful at the same time.

No comments: