Friday, November 04, 2005

October 31 – November 4

This week went by fast. I had the privilege to ride along on two trips. The first was to the Kansas State Library in Topeka. I hand never been so this was an experience just in going. This was a trip to allow the students participating in National History Day to do some research. So I was also able to help some students research topics for their projects which was also an experience in itself, for I was helping students when I needed help as well, not knowing the procedures and rules. The second trip I had the privilege of going on was for a trip, a group of ten eight graders will have the privilege to travel with other students their age to the east coast, and tour some of the nation’s most historic site. This day was to allow the students to meet one another and to get some of the information they need as well as experience some of the things they will experience on the trip. On this trip I for the most part was just a follower, I followed one of the groups around to get to see what they all got to do. It was interesting and I came away with some ideas that I may be able to use in the classroom. It was nice to get to go on these trips, and see more of what goes on behind the scenes.
This week I gave back my US History classes, it is strange sitting at my desk again not teaching. This experience is going by so fast. This week I also learned to always have a back up plan. I was going to have the students use the class laptops to do some research and to make a PowerPoint, but unknown at the time was that another teacher had requested the laptops therefore I could not use them. However, I was lucky and was able to use the library, so I was lucky and I realize this will not always be the case. That is about all I can think of now, but I may add more later. I am enjoying this immensely.

No comments: