Friday, October 07, 2005

October 3- 7

This week has been an interesting week. Tuesday and Wednesday my cooperative teacher was gone so I was alone for those two days. I had a few students who refused to listen too me. Overall, however it went smoothly. I also had a gum thief, I had a little student skirmish and I gave two tests those days. I also caught a cold. Which really made the week go well; I debated if I should go to school today. I decided it was my responsibility to go so I did. The day was long and miserable. My cooperative teacher kept asking me if I was ok, I think I should have stayed home. However, we made it through. I also found out that my cooperating teacher really let the students have it yesterday, for their behavior the two days she was gone. I personally think she went a little over board from what the students told me. I heard that she made one male student cry. She also had three boys put into ISS for the day. In the end, I had two of these boys come up to me today and apologize to me for the behavior. I learned a lot this week about my self and how I need to lie down the law and I need to expect more out of my students. I have also decided that I like the JR high or middle school age students better than I like the freshman aged students. The middle school age students still listen and look up to you to some extent the freshman however do not.

No comments: