Friday, September 30, 2005

September 26 – 30

This week went by fast. Tuesday I was by myself again, and I gave my first test. It went well, I have not graded them all yet, but I think most of them did well, in fact I think I may have underestimated them and made it easy. My 7th grade geography class I think went well. It was kind of strange teacher them. I went to the high school football game last week and this week, it is cool, having students come up and talk to you. The game tonight was strange, the football team was playing away, at the school my ex attended and played football. He was there, came up, and talked to my sister, and I and I had students, wanting to know who the cute guy was. It was even stranger them all falling my sister and I around kind of just hanging out with us. I am finding that I like teaching my US history class more than I do the geography classes. I think it is because I like the subject better, and I am able to follow a timeline of events instead of jumping around. I think that this week I became a lot more comfortable all around in and out of the classroom. I think I am starting to let my personality show through and the students like that. Next week I will be by myself for two days straight. I am kind of nervous about it but, yet I am up for the challenge, I think it will make me step up to the plate more so to speak.

No comments: