Friday, September 09, 2005

September 6-9

This week went by pretty fast, being it only had four days in it. The most excitement I had at the beginning of this week was that Wednesday I got a desk. I like having it, but I have already learned not to leave things in it. Wednesday I had some cough drops, in it, and to day when I got there, they were gone. I have also learned this week that a lot of things going on outside of the classroom that end up effecting the classroom. We had three boys over Labor Day weekend that broke into school property, slept in buses, and robbed candy from three places. Apparently, they were on their own all three days. Which make me realized that some students do have the home life they should. That some of these kids are on their own. Therefore, we need to be good role models for them. In addition, this week my cooperative was gone today. It made for a very interesting day. First, she did not leave me lesson plans. She left a note that she had e-mailed them to me. Second, the printer would not work, so I could not make the students copies, and what I needed to copy was a test. Then the substitute was late, so I could not go up and try to print them again until he showed up. Then we had one class that was just off the walls all day. I think I need to invest in a whistle or a bell. On top of this, the sub would just leave me with the students. However, everything went smoothly. Next week I start teaching my own lessons in two of the classes I am actually excited, about it. I am scared that I will not be able to keep up with lessons and having the materials ready everyday, but I will do my best.

No comments: