Sunday, September 25, 2005

September 19-23

This week I took over my second class. This class is the ninth grade geography class, and I continued my US history class. Monday went well, with the new class, we spent the day working on vocabulary. Then Tuesday was a stretch, my cooperative teacher was gone so I was in charge. This time they did not hire a sub to be with me, so I was on my own. In addition, I had my first evaluation Tuesday in my Geography. Mr. Smith the principle was to come down and be in the room during my evaluation; however, my advisor and the principle talked it over and decided that there was no need for him to set in the room, but he did come down and sit for a while. However, that was the only time that I seen him. I believe my evaluation went well, he liked that I did moved around the room, the class was great for me. Nevertheless, I believe part of the reason they were was because my advisor was present. Out of the day, the class I had the most trouble with was the other high school geography class. All they wanted to do was talk. I believe that I need to discover the best way to get my bluff in. I also need to find a way to get the students attention without having to turn off the lights. I have already found out that my voice is not made to yell over the students. I think I am going to have to stop playing miss nice teacher as much, I may have to start sending a few student to the office or to the hall, so they start taking me more seriously. It is not that they are not doing the work I am assigning it is the talking, that goes on, that needs to stop.
The rest of the week went well, and we had a homecoming assembly Friday and I went to the game and watch some of my students play football. Next Monday I take over my last class. So I will be planning and teaching all of the class. I am only nervous about getting all the lesson made up. But over all this has been a good week.

No comments: